Aug 18, 2009

Giving God Glory throughout life

Life for Christians is not supposed to be full of parties with no trials, a lot of times we think life is suppose to start with school, then college, family, career, and then retiring. Really were suppose to give God all the glory in everything we do. Now I know we hear that our purpose here in this world is to give God the glory, but what does that mean. I believe that giving God glory in everything we do means that we should put Christ first in everything we do and when we get lifted up by others we should tell them that it is not by our doing, but God's doing through us. Those are ways to give God the glory through life. The Word says "In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16 We should give God His glory because we have done nothing to deserve any kind of glory what so ever! We are dreadful sinners, and not to mention that he created All things! Here's a great verse to remember throughout your life. "For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever. Amen." Romans 11:36

To God be the Glory!

2 comments:

  1. I love the verses you are using to make the point. You are a great encouragement to me. I'm taking notes on the verses and enjoying what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! I see a widget for "Do Hard Things" too!! I use many quotes from that book with middle school learners at my school.

    ReplyDelete