Dec 9, 2009

Philippians 2:3-5

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interest, but also to the interest of others. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:"


This is a great verse to remember when you start thinking way to much about yourselves. We get so caught up in our own little world that we just don't care about others around us. We need to start looking at others interest and start helping and not asking for help. One major thing is, we have got to start caring and helping others without expecting a reward, just help people because it's what Jesus did and we are called to do as He did. Christ calls us to be humble and He said the humble will receive lots of blessings, but we should not be humble and kind because we want the blessing, but because we want to please our Heavenly Father. If we will humble ourselves and put others first, they will see that humility and Christ can use that to change their lives. I try very hard to worry about others interest and not my own and I do struggle a lot with pride, but Christ helps me and when I pull through the feeling is amazing. So I challenge you to worry less about yourself and start caring more about others, because in the end, it's worth it.

To God be the Glory!

1 comment:

  1. YES, YES, YES!!! Wonderful Jake, just wonderful post! Your posts are just incredible, deep, insightful and such a blessing to read. You've got depth of understanding that many old people never grasp. Love you Jake...continue to fight the good fight of faith and press forward. I needed your post today, right here where I am in Pittsburgh...I needed to hear this today. Thanks and I love you so much. Will miss you at the party tonight:(

    ReplyDelete